The School Food Tour has been busy! Here’s what’s new:
“Join us to celebrate local, fresh food during Keweenaw Food Day on October 24!”
These events are sponsored by the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department, Portage Health, The Keweenaw Co-op and the Portage Lake District Library.
The shores of Lake Huron
One week from today, on Friday, May 11th, the School Food Tour will be complete! As I take a day in Mackinaw City to rest my weary body and my on-the-verge-of-stress-fracturing feet, my feelings waver between relief and nostalgia, and I am doing my best to savor the last few days of life on the road.
A whirlwind of activity awaits my arrival in the Keweenaw. Here’s a quick overview of the happenings up North:
- Wed, May 9th – SFT student presentations, Marquette
- Friday, May 11th – SFT’s Final Miles, Houghton. At 1 p.m. join myself, community members and Houghton students to pedal the final SFT mile and celebrate at a casual reception. Ride departs from Kestner Park, party at East Waterfront Park through 7 p.m. Bikes and healthy snacks to share are encouraged!
- May 14th – 17th – SFT student presentations, Houghton & Hancock schools
- Thursday, May 17th – Green Film Series screening of “Food” & discussion facilitated by myself, 7 p.m. at MTU’s Fischer Hall
- Friday, May 18th – SFT Grand Finale, CLK Elementary
For media inquiries, please email requests to sara.salo.mph (at) gmail.com