- Interactive classes integrating my pedal powered journey into the classroom.
- Goal setting and action plans.
- Written to National 5-8 Education standards.
- Facilitated by Garmin GPS mapping, video and local examples.
- Follow-up resources and support provided.
GROUP BIKE RIDES
- Family Rides – We’ll have fun on two wheels as we pedal to a garden, farmers market or special destination. Bike safety will be emphasized.
- Community Assessment Rides – We will focus on surveying the cycling environment through a checklist & photos; both favorite riding destinations and problem areas will be visited and we’ll invite public officials along whenever possible.
- Fitness Rides – I will ask more fitness-oriented groups to show me the ‘can’t-miss’ rides of their area
- Farm Tours – The Tour will learn about regional agriculture and assess local procurement options through farm visits
- Bike Shop Visits – As the Tour connects with local cyclists and bike shops it will enhance community awareness about the health and environmental benefits of cycling
- Community Organizations – Groups with goals similar to the Tour will be contacted in an effort to share resources and encourage healthy youth initiatives
- In the News – The Tour will raise public awareness about the need for school food reform and the benefits of cycling as a sustainable form of transportation through nation
- The Tour Blog – The Tour’s blog will be linked to a number of partnering organizations interested in tracking our success
- Social Media – The Tour is on Facebook and Twitter! Frequent updates will keep our followers informed about the latest Tour events
Click HERE to see how you can get involved