- Interactive classes integrating my pedal powered journey into the classroom.
- Goal setting and action plans.
- Written to National 5-8 Education standards.
- Facilitated by Garmin GPS mapping, video and local examples.
- Follow-up resources and support provided.
GROUP BIKE RIDES
- Family Rides – We’ll have fun on two wheels as we pedal to a garden, farmers market or special destination. Bike safety will be emphasized.
- Community Assessment Rides – We will focus on surveying the cycling environment through a checklist & photos; both favorite riding destinations and problem areas will be visited and we’ll invite public officials along whenever possible.
- Fitness Rides – I will ask more fitness-oriented groups to show me the ‘can’t-miss’ rides of their area
- Farm Tours – The Tour will learn about regional agriculture and assess local procurement options through farm visits
- Bike Shop Visits – As the Tour connects with local cyclists and bike shops it will enhance community awareness about the health and environmental benefits of cycling
- Community Organizations – Groups with goals similar to the Tour will be contacted in an effort to share resources and encourage healthy youth initiatives
- In the News – The Tour will raise public awareness about the need for school food reform and the benefits of cycling as a sustainable form of transportation through nation
- The Tour Blog – The Tour’s blog will be linked to a number of partnering organizations interested in tracking our success
- Social Media – The Tour is on Facebook and Twitter! Frequent updates will keep our followers informed about the latest Tour events
Click HERE to see how you can get involved
2 thoughts on “Programs”
Great Misssion and fun site you have here!!
My partners and I founded a small juice company in Sherwood Oregon – and have an interest in talking with you about your ride and your mission – with the intent of determining if sponsorship would be a good fit for both of us.
Visit our site at: SherwoodValleyJuice.com
We us low temperature dehydration to remove the water from 100% fruits and vegetables – then blend the powders into juice smoothies. When you want some energy and/or a nutritious meal, just mix our 2.4 oz packet of powder with 2 cups of water, shake the mix and drink your fruits and vegetables. The low temperature dehydration maintains more than 90% of the nutrition that is in the fresh produce. Our juice smoothies are free of gluten, soy, dairy, additives or fillers.
We have a nutritious, energizing, raw, convenience and flavorful story to share.
Looking forward to talking with you. I can be reached at peter@SherwoodValleyJuice.com or at 503-805-3304, any time, seven days a week.
Awesome site. San Diego USD is leading the way with Farm to School in San Diego. We support you! And we want to link to your blog so others can see your progress.