Well, it’s my birthday today… And although I usually struggle to put my computer away and take a break from School Food Tour planning, when a special personal holiday coincides with a 3 day snow accumulation of 45 inches (seriously!) the draw of powdery play time overwhelms me. Below are the rosy cheeks of one happy birthday girl.
Onto business! I’m trying a new format for sharing all the neat news tidbits that I read: ONE comprehensive weekly post. So here goes…
Weekly News Update
- Changing the Way We Eat: Ted(x) Manhattan produced a great series of talks last weekend from food system leaders across the Nation. Very inspirational!
- GOOD: I am in love. This is my new favorite website for thoughtful news write-ups on health, design and transport.
- Time Mag: Why the Food Movement is becoming an Environmental Force. A very engaging read.
- Huffington Post: America’s best school lunches. Photo highlights from around the country.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest: School food resources. An awesome collection of toolkits for improving school food.
- Increasing Physical Activity Through Community Design: A step-by-step guide to improve health through the built environment
- The Parent Factor: A video showing parents who make an impact on school food.
- How to Make Friends with your Nutrition Services Director: A must-read for parents looking to improve school food.
Again, feedback is welcome – would you rather read a bunch of consistent short articles or get them all at once?